Monday, January 23, 2006

Lost...and not yet found

Missing: Motivation. Last seen on Friday, January 21st. Disappeared suddenly and without warning at approximately 11am after wrestling with a particularly stubborn proposal. Abdication of motivation is possibly due to an overextension for the last two months, during which it had to propel two manuscripts and page proofs into completion stage. Or possibly due to a workplace rebellion at not being allowed to take a week off to recoup after ms #2 was finished and sent off. Am willing to offer a week off at the end of February in exchange for immediately reappearance with sufficient juice to propel me through a new proposal this week and a third manuscript to be finished by 2/19. Will bribe with brownies, snuggly puppy kisses and gazing at beautiful sunsets (ahem, okay, the sunsets won't happen until summer). Any tips leading to the reacquisition of said motivation will receive significant reward, the exact terms of which shall be negotiated to the satisfaction of all parties involved. To report hot tips, send email to the woman repeatedly banging keyboard with her forehead.

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled program.

4 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I am right there with you, Steph! Though my deadlines are still self imposed, I've really pushed myself since Sept!

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Stephanie

Remember what The Artist's Way suggests...take a play day. Reconnect with nature, get a massage, take a whole day off, relax your mind.

If this works, please do NOT send brownies...I have eaten my weight in simple carbs since I saw you last.

Hoping your motivation returns soon. (You are still hysterically funny.)

Wendy

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You'll never find me!
xxoo
Motivation

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie Rowe said...

LOL! good one on the drive by posting by Motivation! Slippery little SOB. Good job on pushing yourself Mary! It'll all pay off!!! And yes, Wendy, I agree that I do need some time off, but I'm not willing to give myself any right now. I'll be taking some time off soon enough...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home