Thursday, January 19, 2006

Trainwreck city!

Tonight I was at dinner with a few folks.

Things were going along nicely, until I happened to glance to my left, along the table. Something "wrong" caught my eye, and my gaze dropped to the lap of one of the guys, without my even really thinking about it. There was some weird thing on his lap and I couldn't figure out what it was. So I'm studying it, trying to figure out what it was, and finally I realize it's his ID badge, sort of at this weird angle.

Excellent. Mystery solved.

Then I realize that his badge is sitting on his fly. And I'm staring at it. And I've been staring at it for about five minutes.

I jerk my gaze off his crotch, completely horrified by what I've been doing.

And then, for the REST of the dinner, it's like a bad train wreck. My gaze keeps wanting to crawl back to that damned ID badge. Every time I glance down to that end of the table, I feel this burning urge to see if that stupid badge is still there. Because I know I can't look. But I have to look, just because I can't.

It was horrible. I'm never going out to dinner again.

5 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger TJ Brown said...

Snort... I wonder if he noticed your lingering glances!
Teri

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

LOL! I'm sorry, but you are the most entertaining dining companion. :)

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Stephanie

I don't like to lecture, but after the Fogelman incident, may I suggest you keep all your gazing above the belt line?

Do you write erotica under another name? OMG, you may have hit on a brand new genre: Comic Erotica. "Comrotica"? "Eromic Romance"? You could be the Lucille Ball of erotica!!!!! Oh my heavens...really, you should ask Michelle about this; it could be your fortune.

On another note entirely, I thought about you last Saturday and am dying to talk. I'll be home mid-Feb, BTW.

Wendy

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie Rowe said...

Um, hello? The Fogelman incident? I have no idea what you are talking about.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger TJ Brown said...

Ahem,

Stephanie, as a chapter mate, I have to telly ou that I know ALL.
Snort.
Teri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home