Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Day in the Life Tuesday: Wall Walking

The first installment of A Day in the Life Tuesday, where you get an insight into the crazy life of an author. We're going to start with Tales From Reno, which is where the RWA National conference just took place.

Okay, I'm a writer. I'm an introvert. Large crowds cause me stress and make my already addled brain go a little wacky. Case in point: my bathroom in my hotel room had a mirror covering the entire back wall. No problem. I noticed it, I can handle looking at my reflection everytime I walk into the room. Um... yeah. On night #2 of the conference, when Conference Brain had already set in, I got up in the middle of the night to use the facilities. As I stumbled into the bathroom and started to walk across the floor toward the toilet, I noticed that the bathroom is way bigger than I remembered. I'd walked far enough to almost be at the back wall, but I could see in the dim light that the room continued on for about another ten feet. Huh. Guess I'll keep walking... Bam! I plowed right into the mirror. Full face plant into the glass.

Yep, you guessed it. I was looking at the reflection of the room in the mirror, which is why I thought there was another ten feet once I was already at the wall.

Made for great conversation:

My Agent: "Hey, Stephanie, what'd you do last night?"

Me: "I walked into a wall. What about you?"

Yep. I'm so impressive.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

LOL! It's the second time I've heard the story and it's still funny. Not asparagus funny, but funny. And how did you know I was about to e-mail you and go, "Uh, Steph, your blog needs updating."? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home