Thursday, June 23, 2005

A fun way to spend the afternoon

This was my afternoon:

Grab car keys. Yell at dogs to stop barking and jumping because yes, they do get to come on this ride.

Load everyone up.

Back up. Try to remember not to turn too sharply so I don't drive over the new lawn we just planted. Dogs are blocking my view. "Oscar. Kip. Down. Down. Down!"

Crash.

Heart sinks.

Dogs lie down. See gold SUV belonging to neighbor. My rear bumper is wedged in the back door of the SUV.

"Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t!"

Jump out of car, run up to neighbor's house and ring door bell.

Wait.

Swear some more. Wonder why I'm such an idiot.

Knock on door.

Swear some more. Try to count the number of times I have backed into/over something (including my roommate in college, but that's another story). Lose count. Start over.

Very pregnant woman opens the door, looking really in the mood to deal with me. "Yes?"

"Hi. I live across the street and I just drove into your car. Nice to meet you."



Yeah. That was fun. You should try it.

Not.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Oh, no! I hope the conversation with the neighbor went okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home