Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Dreams

I'm about 250 pages into my paranormal for Warner and it's going great! I had a very productive day yesterday and then I continued to work on it all night. And when I say all night, I mean all night. Yep, I dreamed about this book for the entire night. Brainstormed, worked out plot issues, debated which way to take the story. Unfortunately, I don't think I came up with any strokes of genius that changed what I was already doing (or maybe that's a good thing? Maybe it means I'm on the right track?), but I certainly picked apart everything I'd done. It was really quite entertaining, and a clear indication that I am much more invested in this story than anything else I've ever done. I LOVE this story. It's forcing me to reach for new depth and new levels in my writing, and I love that challenge. Writing is the most difficult job I've ever had, and that's why it's so rewarding. Would we have that sense of exhilaration when we finish a book or even a tough scene if it wasn't so darned difficult to get there? Never. I get tougher, smarter, and better with each book I write, and I hope I continue to do that for the rest of my life.

Oh, and EXCITEMENT!!! My editor emailed my agent and said they had tentatively scheduled my book for July 06! WOW! That's barely over a year away!!!! I'm soooo excited!

Better get back to work so I can get this baby turned in on time!

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Super congrats again on the release date!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home