Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Awesome News!

I am soooooo excited!!! I sold a quirky paranormal series to Warner Forever in a two book deal after an auction!!! WOW!!!!!! This is the most AMAZING thing ever!!!!! Here is the blurb from publisher's lunch:

FICTION: WOMEN'S/ROMANCE
Stephanie Rowe's BEHEADING YOUR LOVER, a quirky paranormal romance series about a savvy Guardian of the Fountain of Youth, her best friend (a dragon), and a hot, low-carb pretzel king who must, with the help of the Guardian, break a curse set by Satan Jr. generations ago, to Melanie Murray at Warner Forever, at auction, by Michelle Grajkowski at 3 Seas Literary Agency (world).
threeseaslit@aol.com

I was overinventoried in submissions a few months ago, so my agent told me to write a paranormal that was different than any others on the market (sure, no problem? Hah!). So I went to work and came up with a story that I thought was hilarious, unique and definitely the best project I've written. But would it sell? Another question entirely.

My agent sent it out to a number of houses and my hopes were high.

Silence.

Months passed, with not a single house reading it. I decided that the concept was simply not engaging enough for the editors to even pick it up. Sob. I didn't know what else to write. I had so many proposals out and was backlogged. What to do?

Then my agent sent a follow up email to everyone, and that apparently got the ball rolling! A week after her email, we were in a bidding war! WOW! Warner won out and I'm soooo excited about being with Warner! They have such an amazing program, and Melanie Murray (my new editor) is so awesome. I loved the ideas Melanie had for the book and the series, and I know we're going to mesh really well.

I've been writing the book for about a week now, and it's definitely the most fun I've ever had writing a story. I'm so thrilled it sold, because I'm having a total blast writing it. I'm almost exactly halfway through and it's going great. Dreams really do come true!!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still dancing for your awesome news!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so fabulous!!! YOU ROCK!!!

:-)
Charlene

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Stephanie Rowe said...

Wow! Thanks, Trish & Char, for your posts! You're the best! Now, waiting for awesome news from your worlds... fingers and toes and everything else crossed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home