Sunday, January 01, 2006

uh, oh, spaghettios

I just got an email from my BIL. Things aren't looking good for the ol' computer. Apparently, it's not the OS. The hard drive is toast (after only 1.5 years!) He tried to make a copy of it and got an error message after only 7%. He's going to try something else, but he said it's not looking good. You know, just last week I was thinking that I should print out all my contacts and my favorites JUST IN CASE, but did I do that? Nuh uh. Who's laughing now? Not me, so much. I have all my word and excel documents, but those dang outlook files. I did try to back them up about three weeks ago, so I guess I will try to restore from that point when I get my computer back (he'll put in a new hard drive), otherwise, if you've been waiting for an email response from me about something, you'll have to keep on waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting..... or email me again!

So, here's the question of the day: about a month ago, I ran a hardware check on HP's website, and it said my hard disk failed and I should back up all my work and take my computer in for repair immediaetely. I put that on my list of "things to do after my book is turned in." Was that a wise decision? Hmm... not so much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home