Monday, January 09, 2006

Title help needed!

We're in a title crisis for my YA romance from HarperCollins. We need a fun, hip, extremely happenin' title, and we can't come up with anything! Here's the down-low: the heroine (Lily) is a classical pianist and she's had it with having no life other than piano (which all the other kids think is a total loser thing to be doing), so she drops piano and gets in with this band playing keyboards. Of course, there's a way hot drummer who she starts to bond with. Too bad he has a girlfriend and thinks she has a boyfriend....

My editor would love to have the title that has something do with music, but I haven't come up with anything decent. Any suggestions?

6 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Amanda Ashby said...

Hi Stephane

Love your blog and argh on your title problem. What about:

Rock Chick
Rock Chic
Girls Rock

(hmmm, can you see a theme happening here?!) Anyway, good luck with your search

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie Rowe said...

Ooo--good ideas! And titles can't be copyrighted, so you can use a song title or a book title etc. I'm going to send these off to my editor. Yay! If your title gets picked, you'll get an aknowledgement in my book!! Thanks!!!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Sara Hantz said...

Hot Harmony
Upbeat and Rockin'
Harmony Rocks

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steph! (I owe you an e-mail...things are crazy here, but wanted to check out you BLOG, 'cause I love it! And, thinking about someone else's titles is so distracting :-D)

All Keyed Up

Playing on what Amanda wrote:

The Girl Rocks

Heart Beat

Where The Music Takes You

Could you play off of Turn The Beat Around ?

Well, I'm all titled out now. LOL. think I'll go take a nap.

Wen

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie Rowe said...

More good ones! Thanks, guys! I will pass these onto my editor. Why is it so difficult to find the perfect title? Grr...

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Nienke Hinton said...

Love To B Flat
88 Ways To Lose At Love
Trio in B Sharp
Ensemble
The Score Of Love

Hey, it's late.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home