Wednesday, November 23, 2005

ARGH!

I'm 157 pages into MUST LOVE DRAGONS and there's something horribly wrong. I think the heroine is great. Her issues are great. She's hilarious. But my intriciate plot isn't working, and the hero is completely non-essential to the story right now. I mean, I could never mention him again and the book wouldn't change. ARGH! This books wants to be a female-focussed fantasy, not a paranormal romance. The conflict keeping them apart isn't working the way I thought it would. I mean, you'd think that two paranormal beings who are destined to be mortal enemies would be enough, wouldn't you? Maybe I'm just not doing a good enough job with the conflict. Not injecting enough emotions into it. I'm totally lost and oh-so-confused.

*sob*

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Just keep writing.

I'm a plot driven person but I've found doing NaNoWriMo that I can just WRITE. Whether I love it all on Dec 1st is another story (that's what the delete key is for)

But like that killer booksigning...Yikes...I've found my characters to do interesting things that I hadn't plotted.

It's fun discovering, keep writing, so you can see what the end will be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home