Saturday, May 07, 2005

Good to Great

Today after my yoga class, the instructor read a quote by Kenny Rogers that said something to the effect of "Sometimes you have to forego the Good to get a chance at the Great."

That's my motto for the day. I had a particularly bad rejection this week that was kind of a bummer, but I'm refusing to get down about it. Why? Because I know that better opportunities are out there waiting for me. This one was a good opportunity, but somewhere out there, right around the corner, is something great. And if I was bogged down with this "good" opportunity, then I wouldn't be available for the "great" when it came around.

Of course, I don't know yet what that "great" opportunity is, but I believe that everything happens for a reason and soon I will know why this had to happen the way it did. And when it does, I'll post it here! And then I will go out and celebrate!!!

We did get some interest from Hollywood on one of my YA's that we haven't even submitted to publishers yet... I think a deal for a TV series would count as "great" don't you? The odds of it coming through are infinitesimal at best, but you never know... Something is in the works out there... something Great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home