Friday, December 09, 2005

Bad Gifts

Today on the radio the DJ was taking calls about the worst gift people have ever received. This woman called in and said her ex-husband once gave her a black plastic donkey that pooped cigarettes. Apparently, you shove a cigarette in its ear and then it poops it. And as if that wasn't hilariously awful enough, the poor woman had stopped smoking three months prior!!!! Clearly, we can all understand why he is her EX. Omigosh. I am still laughing.

I tried to think of the worst gift I'd ever received, but nothing even came close to that one. Although I did bring a dead plant to a white elephant gift exchange once. I thought that was pretty hilarious. No one else did. Go figure.

Anyone else have horrendous gift stories?

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Stephanie

Funny topic! While I was (admittedly, secretly) awaiting a diamond solitaire, my husband-to-be had his wisdom teeth removed. A week later he presented me with a jewelry box. Inside, nestled in the black velvet, was...one of his wisdom teeth, soldered to a steel band. He made a matching ring for himself. He thought that was hilarious. I haven't thought of that years (yes, I married him anyway; he has lots of other good points). Come to think of it, he did get embarrassed in later years and told me not to tell anyone. Gee, I better not hit "send"-- Oops!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found lots of bad gift stories on this blog http://WorstGifts.com ... some I haven't even thought of!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home