Monday, November 28, 2005

Smooth Move of the Day

Yesterday, I was rushing off to meet my dh for lunch. I loaded the dogs into the car, grabbed the car door and slammed it shut. Just as it shut, pain shot up my arm and I realized my finger was in the way, so I yanked it free so hard that my hand flew like a wild banshee and ricocheted into my lip. End result: smashed finger and big, fat, bloody lip.

I arrive at lunch.

dh: "Wow, what happened to your lip?"
Me: "Household accident."
dh: "What did you do?"
Me: "Slammed my hand in the car door and punched myself in the face."
dh (trying not to laugh): "Are you okay?"
Me: "No. Pity me."

Yeah, I am *so* cool.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I'm so sorry for the owies, but I can't help it. I have such a funny mental picture of all this happening in slow motion.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Ouch! I bet it felt so good when you stopped!

What are you going to do for an encore! :-)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie Rowe said...

Sadly, I can assure that there will be plenty of encores. I'm just that kind of a person. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home