Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm going to cry

I've never ever struggled with a book the way I've struggled with this one. I can't get it right. I just can't. Everything is wrong with it and I cannot figure out what to do to fix it. I'm at such a loss, and it's due in five weeks, so I look at the calender and start to freak out, which of course doesn't help with the "clear mind, clear thoughts" problemsolving mindset I need.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work one's way out of this kind of situation???

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger TJ Brown said...

Where are you at in it? The middle? Do you need another plot disastor? Or a romance disastor? Most books have three plot disastors before the black moment.

It's hard to know how to help when I don't know what's wrong. Maybe you should go back and look at your plot notes and see if there is enough GMC to sustain the story.

Hope something helped.
Teri

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I'm working with "The Weekend Novelist Writes a Mystery," and it's helping me get unstuck. I know that their first, most famous book is just called "The Weekend Novelist." They have charts. I like charts. Other than that, I'd suggest having other people read it and see if they can give you ideas. Good luck, sweetie. I hate to see anyone suffer this. I've been there, but without the deadline looming. Try to forget the deadline. You're a good writer, with a good track record. Worst-case scenario, I bet they will understand if you need a little time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home