Friday, May 19, 2006

bad hair

Okay, so if you have flat, thin, straight hair that makes you look bald except when you're hanging upside down by your knees, raise your hand!

Stephanie raises her hand.

Okay, those of you with your hands up, keep 'em raised if your hair sucks.

Stephanie raises both hands and puts her left foot in the air too.

See, the only people who look good with straight, flat hair are supermodels, and, let's be frank, how many of us are supermodels? I am on my third haircut place (oh, sorry, stylist) in three months and every day I get up, wash my hair, attack the blow dryer with renewed vigor, determined that TODAY my hair will look good.

And every day, by the end, I wonder if maybe, just maybe, I'm being punished for something. Or maybe my spirit guides are simply trying to tell me to shave it all off already.

But if only supermodels look good with straight, flat hair, then the list is even shorter as to women who look good with their hair shaved off.

I am doomed either way. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Lenora Bell said...

Hi Stephanie,

I'm Lenora (new member at RCRW group). I've spoken with you a few time at meetings. I need some advice from an experienced author because I'm having an agent/editor dilemma (I had some good response from the San Jose conference). Would you be willing to call me today or email? My work number is 503-494-5560 and ask for Lenora or you can email me at lenoraATlenorabellDOTCOM. Thanks! P.S. I think your hair is nice!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

A girlfriend with similar problems swears by Big Sexy Hair Root Pump or Root Boost. Apparently it comes in a red can and can be gotten at salons and beauty supply places. It's a spray mousse. (I know... Whaaa?)

Hope this helps. You shouldn't have to struggle with your WIP AND limp hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home