Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Day in the Life: Back Cover Copy

Whoeee! Today my editor emailed the proposed back cover copy for my May paranormal. It's very funny, and I'm totally pumped. She also included the front matter, with the excerpt and the back matter, which promos the next book in the series as well. It just makes it seem so real and tangible, that my editor is actually working on this stuff. Yippee! And, she said she's working through the complete manuscript I turned in for my May release and she likes it so far. PHEW! I was really happy with it, but there's always that little worry that my editor might throw it against the wall and burst into tears after reading the first fifty pages (and since this is a romcom, having my editor cry would really not be a good thing). So for the moment, I am breathing a deep sigh of relief and eagerly awaiting revisions. You think I jest about being eager for revisions? Nope. I love them because in my experience, revisions always make the book better. I can't wait to see what my editor comes up with to make this book tighter, funnier and generally better.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Congrats on all the good news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home